Breakfast is the most important meal of the day however; if you are not able to eat an adequate breakfast, make sure you eat a healthy lunch. It is important to eat as many nutrients as possible earlier in the day. A nutritious lunch will also help you avoid the afternoon slump.
I recommend eating a lean protein with a serving of fresh or steamed vegetables. If you choose to add a starch to your meal, always opt for whole grains i.e. Brown Rice and Quinoa.
Buy all of your produce in the beginning of the week. Prepare and set aside ingredients so that you can assemble a salad or vegetables to go with your meal.
Here are two of my favorite healthy lunch recipes: Salmon Bowl and Kale Salad.
Christal’s Quick and Easy Salmon Bowl
Red Bell Pepper
Mrs. Dash Seasoning- Original Blend
- Season Salmon using Olive Oil and Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- Bake on 350 for 20 minutes or until finished
- Cook Brown Rice. To Save time you can purchase Minute Brown Rice
- Cook Vegetables. To save time you can purchase Green Giant Antioxidant Blend
- After Salmon is finished cooking, combine all ingredients
- Add Seasoning to taste
#ChristalsTips– Feel free to swap your protein out with either Chicken or Tilapia. Perfect for Meal Prep!